Debt Counselling is a formal process, which is governed by the National Credit Act. Your monthly debt repayment amount is specific to your situation and how much you owe on your debt in total. Debt Counsellors are permitted by the NCR to charge certain fees which include:
1. A once off Restructuring Fee of 100% of your debt rehabilitation amount up to a maximum as per the NCR’s guidelines
2. A once off Application Fee of R57.50 incl. VAT.
3. A once off Administration Fee of R345 (inc. VAT) for your application as per the NCR guidelines.
4. A Sundry Fee equivalent to your monthly debt rehabilitation amount for your legal application to the NCT or Magistrate Court.
5. A Reckless Lending Fee up to R1 725 (incl. VAT), which covers the cost of a reckless lending investigation done on the client’s account as regulated by the NCR.
6. A monthly Aftercare Fee of 5.75% (ex VAT) of your monthly debt rehabilitation amount for every month that you are under debt counselling.
7. A monthly Transactional Payment Distribution Fee (PDA) as per the NCR.
If you need assistance managing debt, call DebtBusters on 086 999 0606 or complete the contact form below and we will contact you as soon as possible
Free Advice! Family Law Clinic South Africa:
Reach out to a community of legal professionals for legal commentary.
Note: The practical application of the information provided will vary depending on the facts of each case. JusDraft, Epoq Legal and supporting companies or individuals providing commentary cannot be held liable in any way.
Our law guide been prepared for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, or a legal opinion.
The practical application of the provisions of law guide articles will vary depending on the facts of each case. The publication, author of the article and companies or individuals providing commentary cannot be held liable in any way.
If you are a JusDraft member you can contact our 24-Hour legal advice helpline (number displayed at the top of every page once logged in). Alternatively, you can contact the Legal Aid Advice Line 0800 110 110.